Pumpkin soup with crickets and hazelnut cream
Mealworm and chestnut raviolis
Linguine with spicy insect bolognaise
Caramelized almond and insect tuiles
Our bugs enjoy good company: seasonal veggies, local wines and fair ingredients. Casual or deluxe, your pick.
Peas in their pods
A buffalo mozzarella
A couple of sea urchins
Sicilian olive oil
A crisp and light Chardonnay (Petit Chablis)
A citrusy Pinot Grigio (Veneto)
A chilled Pinot Noir (Côte de Beaune)
A light juicyGamay (Beaujolais)
A delicate Japanese whisky
Insects feel good on every plate: the fancy, the minimalist, the cheerful or the understated and even the hearty...
Overall, insects taste of cereals and mushrooms.Yet each bears a few distinctive notes gourmets tend to agree on.
Grilled prawns, buttery flavours, nutmeg, cep
Barbecued corn, truffle & forest, barley, pistachio
1. Spread the fresh goat’s cheese on the slice of bread
2. Cut into fine strips the ½ avocado and arrange it on your slice of bread.
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, arrange them and add some rocket salad
4. Sprinkled with edible insects flavoured Garden Party your bruschetta
For gaspacho :
- 500 g of tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 pepper
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
1. Clean and cut the ingredients for the gaspacho. Then, mix in a blender. Keep in fresh
2. Thanks to a knife, put fresh cheese on ¾ of the breadsticks.
3. Cut the chives and make a mix chives/edible insects flavoured thyme
4. Take your cheese breadsticks and roll them in the mixture chives/edible insects.
An appetizer with flavors from Italy with these basil tomato verrines, mozzarella and edible tenebrion whipped cream with insects cheese tiles
For the cheese tiles :
- 50g of emmental cheese
- 30g of parmesan
- Some mealworms to sprinkle on the cheese tiles
In a saucepan, heat the double cream and the mozzarella. Let it cold during 30 min. Beat the preparation until a smooth cream.
Cheese tiles’ s preparation :
Mix emmental cheese, parmesan and mealworms. Pour the mixture forming circles in a hot non-stick skillet until golden brown.
In the verrine, put the tomato pulp mixed with basil. Then, add the mozzarella smooth cream on the basil tomato pulp. Sprinkle the verrine of mealworms and basil leaf. Serve with a cheese tile of mealworms.
Today it is a very generous and funny frog that we offer for a refreshing entry. To carry alone or with your children for an original presentation!
1. Cut a quarter of melon, then cut it out to collect the flesh.
2. Cut this quarter of melon to make the legs of the frog
3. Next, cut the diced melon and mix with the edible insects.Then, you can fill the frog with this fresh mix !
4. Finally, don’t forget the frog’s eyes ! Use the wooden sticks to insert the cherries at the end of them and stick the other end in the melon and it’s done !
A refreshing and original starter for young and old !
Wash and cut your vegetables into dice. In a frying pan, add a pinch of olive oil and put onion, carrots, eggplant and peppers and cook for 15 min. Once the vegetables begin to be melted, add the tomatoes and cook until they release their juices. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
Meanwhile, boil 250 mL of water and add 250 g of semolina. Add a little oil, salt and cover until the water is completely absorbed. Then mix insects flavored Salsa with the semolina to give a spicy flavor.
Using a cookie cutter, place a layer of insects semolina, then a layer of vegetables and alternate until the cookie cutter is filled. Finish with a layer of vegetables and sprinkle with insects on top.
Enjoy it warm !
“ I didn’t think mealworms would turn into a habit. Now I always have a spare bag in the cupboard, I like to cook them the way I’d use minced meat. They keep for months; I don’t have to worry about best before dates. ”