Every day, our little buddies eat good food, coming from as many local producers as possible. Zucchini, carrots, and when it's party time, chestnut flour gives them that little taste more. Do you feel it ?
The unwritten rules to insect pairing
Our bugs enjoy good company: seasonal veggies, local wines and fair ingredients. Casual or deluxe, your pick.
Back from the market
Peas in their pods Shitake mushrooms A buffalo mozzarella A couple sea urchins Sicilian olive oil
A crisp and light Chardonnay (Petit Chablis) A citrusy Pinot Grigio (Veneto) A chilled Pinot Noir (Côte de Beaune) A light juicyGamay (Beaujolais) A delicate Japanese whisky
Insects feel good on every plate: the fancy, the minimalist, the cheerful or understated and even the hearty...
Hints & flavours
Overall, insects taste like cereals and mushrooms. Yet each bears a few distinctive notes gourmets tend to agree on.
1. Seed the peppers and cut them into small cubes 2. Finely chop the garlic and slice the parsley 3. In a frying pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil and add the peppers, garlic and parsley. 4. Bake for two minutes over a high heat and then pour half a glass of water over a medium heat. 5. Cook until the peppers get tender (about 30 minutes). 6. Remove the pan from heat, add the Micronutris edible insects and mix. 7. You can serve the fried peppers with white rice for example. 8. Enjoy !
Creole squashes with edible curry insects :
This recipe is brought to you by Jen-Luc Gonnet, a chef at home at La Belle Assiette in Lille.
1. Brush and wash the spaghetti squash 2. Put the whole squash in a saucepan with a little salt water, cook for about 40min with a lid. 3. Once cooked, cut the squash in half lenghtwise and remove seeds. Pull the flesh using a fork in order to make spaghetti, then drain them. 4. Chop red onion. 5. Peel mango and cut into small cubes. 6. In a pan, fry onions (preferably in a tablespoon coconut oil). Add coconut milk and 2 teaspoons curry, let it reduce during 2 minutes. 7. Add diced mango and raisins, then add salt and pepper. 8. Mix with squash spaghetti 9. When plating your dish, add Micronutris Curry Mealworms. You can also lightly sprinkle it with curry and tomato pieces to color your plate. 10. Enjoy !
Conseil du chef :
You can replace mango by Khaki or pineapple, and add grated coconut on top to give our plate more exotism !
1. Cut the black radish very thinly. 2. Blend your green peas and season them. 3. Add a teaspoon crushed peas in the center of your blash radish slices. Hold with a wooden stick and sprinkle with Salsa flavoured edible insects to enhance this appetizer. 4. Serve and enjoy !
Homemade Guacamole & Tex Mex crackers with edible insects :
1. Wash and cut tomato and onion into small cubes. 2. Peel the avocados and crush them with a fork in a bowl, add progressively the lemon's juice. 3. When completely crushed, add diced tomato and onion, then mix with salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. 4. Open your Tex Mex crackers with edible insects and enjoy them with your homemade guacamole !
Chili sin Carne with three quinoa seeds and edible insects flavoured Tapas :
• 1 box of Micronutris edible insects flavoured Tapas • 100g peppers • 150g quinoa (red, white and black here) • 400g crushed tomatos • 250g red beans • 100g corn • 1 vegetable broth • 1 zucchini • 2 cloves garlic • 1 onion • Paprika • Cumin • Chili spice • Olive oil
1. Chop onion and garlic. Brown them in olive oil. 2. Cut and add peppers and zucchini, cook for 3 minutes. 3. Now add quinoa, crushed tomatos, beans, corn, vegetable broth, spices. Add a bit of water. 4. Cook for about 45 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent burning. Do not hesitate to add water if necessary. 5. Remove from heat, add Micronutris edible insects flavoured Tapas. 6. Serve hot and enjoy !
"It's funny, I did not think it would become a habit for me. I always have a package in my cupboards, I cook them a bit like I would use bacon. With a big advantage: it does not expire after three days, I have time to eat them. "
Alexandre M. Student in Toulouse
Share with your friends !
The product is currently Out-of-Stock. Enter your email address below and we will notify you as soon as the product is available.