Every day, our little buddies eat good food, coming from as many local producers as possible. Zucchini, carrots, and when it's party time, chestnut flour gives them that little taste more. Do you feel it ?
The unwritten rules to insect pairing
Our bugs enjoy good company: seasonal veggies, local wines and fair ingredients. Casual or deluxe, your pick.
Back from the market
Peas in their pods Shitake mushrooms A buffalo mozzarella A couple sea urchins Sicilian olive oil
A crisp and light Chardonnay (Petit Chablis) A citrusy Pinot Grigio (Veneto) A chilled Pinot Noir (Côte de Beaune) A light juicyGamay (Beaujolais) A delicate Japanese whisky
Insects feel good on every plate: the fancy, the minimalist, the cheerful or understated and even the hearty...
Hints & flavours
Overall, insects taste like cereals and mushrooms. Yet each bears a few distinctive notes gourmets tend to agree on.
1. Wash your cherry tomatoes and slice them in half. 2. Roll your mozzarella ball into the Tapas flavor edible mixture (mealworms and crickets) then cut your mozzarella so that the slices of cherry tomatoes are slid into it. 3. Arrange the way you want and enjoy this fresh and crisp plate with a drizzle of olive oil or seasoning ;)
1. Cut the black radish very thinly. 2. Blend your green peas and season them. 3. Add a teaspoon crushed peas in the center of your blash radish slices. Hold with a wooden stick and sprinkle with Salsa flavoured edible insects to enhance this appetizer. 4. Serve and enjoy !
Homemade Guacamole & Tex Mex crackers with edible insects :
1. Wash and cut tomato and onion into small cubes. 2. Peel the avocados and crush them with a fork in a bowl, add progressively the lemon's juice. 3. When completely crushed, add diced tomato and onion, then mix with salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. 4. Open your Tex Mex crackers with edible insects and enjoy them with your homemade guacamole !
Iberic gaspacho ans its cheese and Thyme edible insects Breadsticks :
For the Gaspacho : • 500g tomatoes • 1/2 cucumber • 1/2 pepper • Garlic • Onion • Olive oil, salt and pepper
Directions : 1. Wash and chop the ingredients for the gaspacho. Then mix everything in a blinder. Keep fresh. 2. Using a knife, spread fresh cheese on 3/4 of the breadstick. 3. Chop the chive and make a mixture with chive and edible insects flavored thyme. 4. Roll your breadsticks into the mixture to fix it to the cheese. 5. Enjoy your appetizer !
1. Spread fresh goat cheese one the slice of bread. 2. Cut the half avocado thinly and place it on the slice. 3. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, arrange them on the slice and add some arugula. 4. Finish by sprinkling the bruschetta with edible insects, then it's ready ! 5. Enjoy !
1. Peel, rinse and cut potatoes, carrots and sweet potato. 2. Cook the pieces of carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes and peas for 5 minutes in a pan of boiling salted water and drain them. 3. Rinse and cut the peppers. 4. Fry in the olive oil for 5 minutes, peppers and finely chopped red onion. 5. Cut out the cherry tomatoes. 6. Mix everything together, add the edible insects, salt and pepper. 7. Serve and enjoy!
1. Put the lamb's lettuce (previously washed) in a salad bowl. 2. Cut the mozzarella cheese in small portions and the cherry tomatoes. 3. Split into two equal parts the Tex Mex Microdelices crackers. 4. Sprinkle sesame seeds on lamb's lettuce and mozzarella depending on your mood. 5. Season, you just have to taste. (Everything goes very well with a soup of green vegetables) Serve and enjoy!
1. Boil water to cook butternut squash. 2. Mix and mash the butternut squash with a fork in a chicken broth. 3. Mix vegetables and legumes together in a saucepan, simmer on low heat in coconut milk, thicken with liquid cream. Add cumin, curry, salt and pepper. 4. Add the coconut milk and our small edible insects. 5. Season and serve, all that remains is to savor. Enjoy your meal !
The main courses
Mealworms and leeks fondue
• 1 box of edible insects Classic 250 Tenebrio • 1 bag of lamb's lettuce • 150 g of pasta • 2 white leeks • 15 cl of white wine • 1/2 cube of chicken broth • 1 teaspoon of olive oil • 2 tablespoons heavy cream • 2 cloves garlic • 1 pinch of dill • 1 tablespoon chives • 1 teaspoon of curry • salt pepper
1. Peel and chop the garlic. 2. Also chop the chives. 3. Wash and cut the leeks into rings. 4. Cook them in a saucepan over low heat for 15 min with the crumbled, peppery broth. Cover. 5. While the leeks are cooking, cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 min. 6. When the leeks are almost cooked, add the wine and the cream. 7. Place the pasta on a plate, add the leek fondue, mealworms and herbs. Enjoy your meal!
1. Boil water for noodles. 2. Dissolve a ball of tamarind paste in 100 ml of hot water, mix and filter the mixture to obtain a tamarind juice. 3. Cut the tofu into cubes, cut the shallot. Heat oil in a wok and sauté the tofu until golden. 4. Cook the carrots and broccoli in a steamer. Brown the shallots with the tamarind juice, brown sugar and fish sauce. 5. Mix and let the preparation thicken like a caramel for about 3 minutes. All in the wok. 6. Add the drained noodles, and let them cook in the juice, add a little water if necessary and if the noodles absorb everything. Serve and enjoy!
1. Boil water to cook the bulgur. 2. Cut the shallot into small pieces, peel the apples and cut them into slices. 3. Drain the bulgur, place in one or more plates and do the same with the feta cheese. 4. Season and serve, all that remains is to savor. Enjoy!
1. Boil water, cook carrots, beans and rice. 2. Fry the leek. 3. Mix vegetables and legumes together in a saucepan, simmer on low heat in coconut milk, thicken with liquid cream. Add cumin, curry, salt and pepper. 4. Drain the rice. Serve on a plate and add the mixture. 5. Sprinkle with edible insects, all that remains is to savor. Enjoy your meal !
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes. 2. Boil in water for 10 min. 3. Mix sweet potatoes, cream and olive oil. 4. Salt, pepper and add as much nutmeg as you want. 5. Add Micronutris edible insects and mix. 6. Add parsley before serving. 7. Enjoy !
1. Cook the peas for 5 minutes in a saucepan of boiling salted water and drain them. Peel and finely slice 2 onions. 2. Rinse corn and corn salad. Wash the pepper and slice it finely. 3. Brown the onions and peppers for 2 minutes. 4. Prepare the fresh tomatoes with the last onion. For a full-bodied taste, add 10 drops of Tabasco. 5. Add the edible insects, salt and pepper. 6. Just before serving, heat the tortillas in a non-stick pan. 7. Place on each tortilla 4 tbsp. of your preparation, roll them and serve with tomato sauce with onions. Enjoy !!
1. Seed the peppers and cut them into small cubes 2. Finely chop the garlic and slice the parsley 3. In a frying pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil and add the peppers, garlic and parsley. 4. Bake for two minutes over a high heat and then pour half a glass of water over a medium heat. 5. Cook until the peppers get tender (about 30 minutes). 6. Remove the pan from heat, add the Micronutris edible insects and mix. 7. You can serve the fried peppers with white rice for example. 8. Enjoy !
Chili sin Carne with three quinoa seeds and edible insects flavoured Tapas :
• 1 box of Micronutris edible insects flavoured Tapas • 100g peppers • 150g quinoa (red, white and black here) • 400g crushed tomatos • 250g red beans • 100g corn • 1 vegetable broth • 1 zucchini • 2 cloves garlic • 1 onion • Paprika • Cumin • Chili spice • Olive oil
1. Chop onion and garlic. Brown them in olive oil. 2. Cut and add peppers and zucchini, cook for 3 minutes. 3. Now add quinoa, crushed tomatos, beans, corn, vegetable broth, spices. Add a bit of water. 4. Cook for about 45 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent burning. Do not hesitate to add water if necessary. 5. Remove from heat, add Micronutris edible insects flavoured Tapas. 6. Serve hot and enjoy !
Strawberry and speculoos verrines with edible insects:
• 6 speculoos • 1 tray Strawberries • 20cl whole cream (30% fat) • 10g icing sugar • A few drops of vanilla aroma • 5 tablespoons caster sugar
Directions : 1. Place speculoos and mealworms in a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. 2. Put your salad bowl and your whole cream in the freezer 15 minutes before using them. 3. Remove the stalk from all the strawberries and cut them into pieces. 4. Keep a few pieces strawberry for decoration and place the rest in a saucepan with a little water and sugar. 5. When the strawberries are softened, mix them in order to have a coulis, place this preparation in a cool place. 6. For the whipped cream, take the salad bowl and the cream from the freezer and whisk up the cream with the icing sugar and the vanilla (we used a baker). 7. When all preparations are ready, arrange in each verrine : - 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture speculoos-ténébrions - 1 tablespoon whipped cream - Few pieces of strawberries - Another tablespoon of whipped cream - Strawberry coulis - Some mealworms for decoration 8. Place in the fridge until tasting. 9. Enjoy !
• 3 passion fruits • Lime • 100g of shortbread • 45g of butter • 2 eggs • 70g of sugar • 1 vanilla pod • 5 sheets of gelatin • 170g of fresh cheese • 210ml of liquid cream
Directions : 1. Mix the cakes to powder and the plain crickets and add the melted butter. Pour this mixture into a pastry circle. Well smooth it. Reserve cool.. 2. Beat the cream with an electric whisk and keep cool. In another bowl whisk eggs and sugar until frothy. Grate the zest of the lemon and peel the vanilla. Add them to the egg sugar mixture with the cream cheese. Mix well. The result must be smooth and homogeneous.. 3. In a small saucepan, heat the juice of a lime and melt in it 3 sheets of gelatin that you have previously softened in water. Then, add to the previous mixture. 4. Then add the fruit of passion. (Also, the gelatin has been previously softened in water). Add the fruit grains and the remaining juice from the heat. Then pour on the dough. 5. Using a maryse, gently add the whipped cream. Mix well. Pour into the pastry ring and set aside for 2 hours.
"It's funny, I did not think it would become a habit for me. I always have a package in my cupboards, I cook them a bit like I would use bacon. With a big advantage: it does not expire after three days, I have time to eat them. "
Alexandre M. Student in Toulouse
Share with your friends !
The product is currently Out-of-Stock. Enter your email address below and we will notify you as soon as the product is available.